Saturday, April 26, 2008

when friends reunite in Chicago

After many years of begging and pleading, Xian finally charged her card for flight tickets to Chicago to visit me!


I'm going to miss the Chicago skyline!

weather.com promised good weather and it was supposed to be sunny and temperatures were supposed to be in the 20s.


Liar, liar, pants on fire!

We left my apartment around noon in short skirts, tank tops and flip flops just to be greeted by incessant cold breezes. We felt ridiculously stupid in the very little clothes we were wearing compared to everyone else who were still wearing long pants and long sleeves on.

*sweat drop*

It got colder and colder, so much so that we ended up buying a new cardigan to wear!

note: we chose the same cardigan!

After doing some shopping, we headed over to Millennium Park for some touristy photo-taking, you know, to prove that Xian was in Chicago.


"The Bean", which I just found out is actually the "Cloud Gate"



in front of "The Bean" in our short skirt, tank top, flip flops and the new cardigan!

Guess how much this 'bean' structure cost?

$6 million?

$11.5 million?

$23 million. $23 FREAKING million.


our reflection on "The Bean"...look so short here!


look! I have a Siamese twin!


The Pritzker Pavillion, which looks like an aedes mosquito to me!


Don't you think so too???


it's not easy climbing up with our skirts!


some sculpture in Millennium Park...you can see "The Bean" in the background!


This is one of the most interesting building in Chicago!

I never knew what the building was called and I always referred to it as the va-jay-jay building. As I was researching for this post, I just found out that its real name is the Smurfit-Stone Building. Smurfit-Stone Building! How boring is that?? I think I'll stick to the va-jay-jay building.

Someone told me during my freshmen year that the building was designed to be more feminine since all the other high-rise skyscraper buildings were very masculine. Thus, the design looked like a va-jay-jay. I repeated that story to everyone who visited me in Chicago.

But apparently...

An urban legend states that the building was designed to resemble a vagina, but a spokesperson for the architectural firm that designed the building denied that it was supposed to be an anti-phallic symbol.
(wikipedia)

So there goes my story!

2 comments:

xian said...

i miss you already... do u have a cold btw?? coz i do :(

~g@LfLow3RcH*c~ said...

me too! sian la...weather is getting rainy again!