Thursday, April 24, 2008

my ideal guy=my man

I found a post that I wrote almost 2 years ago and it was really interesting to read back on the qualities 'MY GUY' should possess.

MY IDEAL GUY...

1. MUST NOT smoke (or take drugs or gamble...lol)
I think this is pretty basic...I really really cannot stand people who do any of the above...smoking I cannot tolerate on my guy...can't stand the smell or the smoke or anything related to it...eeewwweee...I would absolutely NOT kiss a guy who smokes!

2. MUST BE patient
I...need a guy who can be patient with me. I'm absolutely stupidly stubborn and hot-tempered at times and very difficult to deal with...and things will just not work if the guy ain't patient. I DO try on my part to be less...sensitive to certain things...but I need support from the guy too!

3. MUST be able to cheer me up
I...get upset at stupid and not-so-important things...and a guy who knows how to make me smile again is my kind of guy...how to make me happy...better still, without him realizing that he's trying?

4. MUST love me for who I am
I...am actually full of insecurities...I don't like the way I look, I don't like the way I walk, I'm afraid of losing friends...I'm insecure about many things that I don't talk about...and I absolutely absolutely need a guy who LOVES ME FOR ME. I remember one ex who suggested that I use make-up and shit...totally ripped my already-battered self-esteem. I love a guy for who he is and it is only fair that he loves me back for who I am!

5. MUST know how to listen (and talk to me!)
I talk a lot...and at times, I talk a lot of nonsense that makes no sense. Sometimes I want to talk about how I feel about things and it would help to have a guy who actually listens! Or at least, be really good at pretending to listen LOL. I demand attention at times like this and it hurts when people are not paying attention...and talk to me! It's hard if it's just me doing all the talking! And awkward silences ain't going to fly by me because it makes me feel insecure!

6. MUST keep promises (except in circumstances...lol)
When a guy actually remember his promises and KEEP them, it makes a girl feel appreciated and loved. It's really not that hard, is it? If can't keep promises, why make them? Girls remember promises that guys make...and so do I!

7. MUST let me know from time to time that he loves me
Like I said, I'm full of insecurities. A guy who actually makes the effort to let me know that he loves me melts my heart. I'm absolutely a sucker for romantic stuff (watched too many chick flicks, read too many love stories) and it would be nice to be treated like one of the girls in the stories!

Almost 2 years later and things have not changed much
*wink*



5 comments:

vangardx said...

Nowdays, its hard to find a guy who keep his promises ..is it true?

** i got 3 CJ7 dolls at my shoulder :P

~YM~ said...

lolz.. keep it up though! I'll be happy for u 2 too!! n_n

ntg better than looking at a happy relationship..

~g@LfLow3RcH*c~ said...

vangardx: So far so good =). What's with the CJ7 dolls?

~ym~: Thank you!!! I'll do my best to maintain the relationship because it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.

xian said...

lady!!.. i got back in one piece.. just so you know :P

arJay said...

awwww.. so swweeeeeTT!!!

"mr boyfriend" (i nearly named out his real name) treats u so well.. sure will 恩恩爱爱到永远!!!