Friday, April 11, 2008

Living it up!

Gossip Girl is so deliciously entertaining. The drama revolves around the young socialites on New York's Upper East Side, i.e. "rich brats".


From left to right: Blair Waldorf, Dan Humphrey, Serena van der Woodsen, Nate Archibald, Chuck Bass, Jenny Humphrey.

In the show, Serena van der Woodsen and Chuck Bass lives in the New York Palace Hotel. Some of the scenes were filmed there (when I was there, the courtyard was decorated with a christmas tree for the show)! The New York Palace Hotel is one of the luxury midtown Manhattan hotels in New York city and it just seems amazingly magical to stay there.

The New York Palace Hotel
455 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10022






So when I found out that for one of my job interviews, I will be flown to New York city and will be staying at the New York Palace Hotel, O-M-G! I was completely ecstatic!!!

I was SO excited =)!


Left: picture from the New York Palace Hotel website
Right: picture taken in my room on the 5th floor

To prove that I was really really there, here's me:




A night's stay at the New York Palace Hotel does not come cheap. For my room, it was more than USD500 (~RM1600) for one night.


The view of New York City from the hotel according to its website.

Sigh~ I'll never be able to afford staying at a luxury hotel like that on my own! Or more likely, would I spend that kind of money? I can do A LOT of shopping with USD500!!! Like, seriously, A LOT.


The view of New York City from my room of the hotel on the 5th floor.

Too bad I could not enjoy my stay at the New York Palace entirely since I had my job interview to worry about. But all in all, I'm so glad that I got a chance to stay in one of the luxury hotels in New York. The same one featured in Gossip Girl. Ha!

2 comments:

ahching said...

wow...never know i'm in your list!and what a good experience in this hotel!nice!!!T.T...envy...

Khirul said...

waaah i didn't know you were an expert in photoshopping.. can nicely superimpose yourself in the hotel room =p