Sunday, May 11, 2008

"fairy tales"

Long, long time ago in a faraway land called Chicago, there lived mr. boyfriend and I.

On our anniversary, we woke up and went to classes. I had given him a card the night before. Before he came home, I baked him his favorite banana bread. I knew the banana bread was not going to turn out very good because the bananas were not even ripe but I had no other choice. He said it was delicious anyways. Instead of dressing up and going to a fancy restaurant, we decided to go to Penang Restaurant and we had kangkung belacan (which was tad too sweet), panggan stingray (which was his favorite), crispy soft-shell crab (which was surprisingly extremely delicious) and mee goreng (which was TOOOOoooooooo sweet). And no, I did not take any pictures like a blogger should. Crap, no pictures from our 2nd anniversary, I just realized. Sadness. We had my favorite bubble tea (frothy and delicious!) from Saint Alps Teahouse. Then, I made him go to Walgreens with me to get me a card for our anniversary. Which he did and he chose quite a cute card. Instead of going to the movies, we decided to be cheap and rent a movie to watch at home and he obliged to my choice of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. It was full of blood and gore and a lot of high-pitched singing in British accent which we did not get. Then we went to bed.

The end.

2 comments:

xian said...

that actually sounds really nice..

xian said...

sometimes its the simple things that matter most imho that is... :)