Thursday, October 30, 2008

who ever said paintball is fun deserves to get shot!

Seriously, whoever started this whole paintball thing has got to be kind of sick. Or simply a masochist who loves the very idea of war. Maybe I'm too girly girl after all, but still does not explain why most guys love this game (and some girls too, not that I'm being like "oh, girls can't do that, or girls don't like that").



You wear this mask that's supposed to protect you but it's kinda foggy and restricts your vision and it totally makes you feel like you're at war. You can't see people coming at you and you can't see what you're shooting at. We played at this abandoned carpark out at PJ area in the night, so it even enhances the war feeling (although, of course, it would be much much worse in a war, but I'm just saying). I had this hanging dread of fear and anxiety but I figured that I should try it once before shooting it down.

And this, my friend, is the reason why I'd never ever play paintball again in my living existence. Besides the fact that unnecessary fear and anxiety is ridiculous but unnecessary pain is even more ridiculous.

I was totally blindsided and got shot twice. The first shot hit my bare arms and the second shot hit my back. Maybe I'm starting to sound like a baby, but the shot tore my flesh and I was in a state of shock while my tears just started pouring as the pain seared. It was definitely more than an ouch.

By the way, the guy who shot me is my new colleague from the Singapore office who's American (imagine tall lanky blond white dude). I'm pretty sure he shot me less than 20m away (the allowed shooting range) and he could have aimed for somewhere else that was covered!

I gotta say, having a scar mark on my really really tanned arms that is fair and still pink-fleshed is not exactly what I had expected to get out of this experience. I've heard of the bruising (which by the way, was not insignificant either!) but no one told me I was going to get hurt like this. Boo!

So the next person who comes to me and tries to get me to play paintball, go shoot yourself first!

5 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

hahahaha~~
No pain, no gain!!!
=D

-lynn- said...

-hug-

Khirul said...

people usually wear jumpers/multi-layered-longsleeve-tshirts la when paintballing..

ps: i got shot in the NECK but I don't remember it being that painful. maybe because it was shot from far away. i just got a lovebite mark, but no torn skin.

~g@LfLow3RcH*c~ said...

if you noticed, only 1 guy wore long-sleeve. we were not informed/instructed to wear long-sleeve laaaa...how am I supposed to know!

xian said...

Awww sorry. if it makes you feel better.. i had 7 bruises.. i was the only girl and i was in camouflage.. some guy thought i was a girl and he just kept shooting :(