Saturday, November 1, 2008

This is for you Tess!

I am extremely VERY lazy in keeping up with a beauty regime, so much so that I only wash my face with cleanser when my face is clear. If it gets a little dry, then I start using toner + moisturizer. If I see/feel pimples, I'd slather so much pimple cream, more than recommended. Otherwise, I just don't bother. Although, I do have quite a bit of different products sitting around collecting dust.

During job recruiting, stress + coffee + lack of sleep + makeup + schoolwork put my face in a dire situation -- I was breaking out, had really dark eye bags and *gasped* had visible wrinkles around my eyes and lips. The few months after that, I was SO diligent with my beauty regime, even adding wrinkle cream and eye cream to the deal.

So, Tess, the products I regularly use is a very short list compared to yours!

For basic cleanser + toner, I use Exuviance. I found out about it through this lady my mom goes to for facial treatments in Kuching. It has a VERY VERY pleasant smell and I don't need more than a pea-sized portion to wash my face clean. Because of that, I go through the toner a lot faster than the cleanser (ratio about 3:1).

As for pimple cream, I've religiously used J&J's Clean & Clear line for the last 3-4 years. It really works for me and it's rather inexpensive...I just use too much of it! I'd go through a bottle really quickly when I'm in a breakout phase.


Totally worried about the wrinkles etc, I started using OLAY Total Effects moisturizer + intensive restoration treatment. I really like how the moisturizer is not greasy and I do not need a lot to do a good job. Again, no need for expensive products for me.


There you go! I'm really tempted to try SK II or Clinique or one of the expensive ranges but I guess I'll wait till I have that kind of money AND effort AND time, otherwise it would just be money wasted.

1 comment:

vss3t said...

OOO! it's really fascinating to read other's cleansing regime. =)
oh yeah, juz a past experience and own opinion, i dont really fancy religiously buying Clinique or other branded stuffs any more. 1st, they're abit too expensive for my purse's liking and i read it sumwhere tat all normal drugstore brands do have the same ingrediant/ formulation as the expensive ones. they're only expensive because of too much marketing n adverts on it.
then i dont see any skin improvements after using the whole Clinique and Dr. Murad set... -____-||| cost me 50 over pounds yet for each..

Unless they're talking about La'Mere of course.haha!