Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the truth will set us free?

It's really interesting to hear people's opinions when it's completely unbiased. Of course, there's a chance that what they have to say is not what you want to hear. For example, I asked mr. boyfriend what he thought of this blog's template without letting him know that it's mine. And I definitely did not like what he had to say!

mr. boyfriend was quick to change his mind when I said it's mine.

How many times in life have we often said one thing but actually feel/think another? It seems that we try to be politically correct all the time at the risk of being politically incorrect.

So...question of the day: do we actually want to hear the truth?

Do we want to know that the dress actually looks awful on us? Do we want to know that the haircut is actually all wrong on us? Do we want to know that our crush is actually a jerk?

Do I want mr. boyfriend to tell me that my blog template is, to quote him, "very mediocre"?

No comments: