Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Ganbatte!

After my freshmen year in college, I gained a hefty 20 pounds.
(damn fat ok...depressing times...blame it on chocolate chip cookies!)



Then before junior year, I started dating mr. boyfriend and I lost 20 pounds.
(is this a cause-and-effect relationship?? hmm...)



I dropped from a US size 8 to a US size 4.
(yes, I was size 8 from the waist down and size 0-2 from the waist up...so stop telling me that I was not fat! so disproportionate!)

Then I discovered EXPRESS jeans.

O-M-G. I LOVE my EXPRESS jeans. I love them so much that I bought the Zelda Skinny Jeans series in ALL the colors available (black, midnight rinse, inky blue, moonlight).



Now, sad to say, I'm fighting to stay a US size 4.
(Yes, Pringles and Chips Ahoy, it's all your fault!)

Damn sad (*tear*) because I love being a size 4 and I love not worrying about whether my flabby tummy is showing if my shirt rides up and I love wearing my shorts and short skirts. Even sadder is that I have invested quite a huge sum of money in buying many many new pairs of jeans (not just EXPRESS, Ben Sherman and A&F etc) in size 4, so if I no longer fit in my jeans, it's *flush* money gone just like that.

Spring is coming (supposed to be here by now but as usual, late!) and I want to be able to wear my spring/summer stuff!
(*merajuk*)

So I came up with this brilliant plan.

Have you guys heard of The Biggest Loser?

My friends and I will be competing to win $100 by losing the highest percentage of our starting body weight.

So far, there's 5 of us who are in this (including mr. boyfriend). It should be a fun way to lose some excess weight and strive for a more toned and fit body. Starting 1st week of Spring Quarter, we'll have weekly weigh-ins until the final weigh-in during 10th week.

What else can I say?

3 comments:

Jarod Yong said...

hehehe...
desperate people trying desperately to lose weight...
=D

Khirul said...

shin yi!
you're gonna be in bondarenko's class next quarter! me tooo!

ps: and i'm trying so hard to GAIN weight.

alexis said...

i lost 20 lbs when i was dating my bf too!