Sunday, December 14, 2008

what is there to do besides shopping?

I've only been in KL for 4-5 months and I'm already bored. Please tell me...

...what is there to do in KL for fun?

Shopping? Hmm...is there anything else to do but shop? I've been shopping in Pavillion, KLCC, Midvalley, Gardens & Bangsar Village/Bangsar so much so that shopping is getting a little old now (*GASP* shopping is starting to get boring? For me to say shopping is getting old should be the same as for me to say I'll stop eating...which is literally impossible). But seriously, sometimes shopping in KL does get a little stale. KL does not have some of my favorite stores from the US (Express, Victoria Secret, Urban Outfitters, A&F, Hollister) and some of the stores that ARE available here much more bloody expensive than in the US (Banana Republic, Gap, Forever21) because the sales here are kinda sad and import tax is a pain. There are no discount brand stores such as Feline's Basement or TJ Maxx in KL too where I found amazing deals on branded stuff (My Nine West and Kathy Van Zeelan bags only cost me around USD$30-40 each).

Some of the clothes here should not even be sold at full price because they are out of season already in the US. Remember this dress?

I blogged about wanting this dress from Armani Exchange in my old blog on June 06, 2007. This year in August/September (don't remember exactly when liao because memory fails you when you're old), I walked into the Armani Exchange store in Gardens and saw this EXACT dress selling at FULL PRICE.

Yeah, we get "hand-me-downs" from the US stores.

Paying full price for a dress that has been around for ONE YEAR is absolutely ridiculously stupid. Also, high-end brands in Malaysia are more expensive because there is import tax on these luxury items!

I think I've gone off on a tangent but my head's kinda spinning from watching too many reality TV shows online today so I'm going to stop here regardless of the cohesiveness and logic of this post. Ciao!

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

it's my turn to shop in the states, bluek =p

vss3t said...

not to mention those extremely slow stocks turnover here, in msian stores....sigh...