Wednesday, December 10, 2008

another end to the amazing race asia

I'm such a sucker for reality TV shows. One of the shows I've been diligently following is the Amazing Race Asia season 3 (which I didn't know is called TARA3). The quality has improved tremendously from the first season (I remember a lot of cringing and nose-screwing when I watched the first season which totally put me off till now) and I'd say it's almost compatible to the US edition in relative terms. The teams are much more interesting and has more funny/interesting/mean things to say...and the detour and road block challenges were a lot harder than it used to be.


The winners - Sam & Vince


The runner-ups - Geoff & Tish

The fun-loving ones - Ida & Tania


When the Hong Kong team won, I'm just happy that it's them and not Geoff & Tish. I sincerely wished that Ida & Tania would win (I was rooting for Henry & Bernie all the way till they got eliminated) because I'm Malaysian and because they were sincerely nice to each other all the time and had lots of fun so much so that it was a joy to watch them race! I got to say, they DID have ONE fallout when they were in Dubai but that was the ONLY time we've seen them bicker on TV. I dont' like Geoff & Tish because...they're not very likeable. Geoff is an ass sometimes to other people, even people not in the race and also to Tish. I don't like them because they caused Henry & Bernie's elimination (in a way).

It makes me wonder, whether if I run the race with mr. boyfriend, will we end up bickering and fighting like almost all couples did on the Amazing Race? I think we will but he doesn't think so. Also, would I have gotten the tattoo at the Fast Forward which Sam & Vince did (which earned them their lead for a few legs)? I think I would have, in the adrenaline rush of the race but would probably live to regret it if I didn't win. And, this is from Amazing Race US a few seasons ago, would I have shaved my head bald at the Fast Forward? Now, THIS, is a really really hard decision. Can you imagine me bald? Yuck!

No comments: