Tuesday, July 1, 2008

yes, i graduated

On June 14, 2008 at the University of Chicago,

I GRADUATED.


Kesian the people who have to stand there and hold the banners for us to take pictures!

I am officially no longer a student. No more classes, no more exams.


mr. boyfriend and I, both graduates of the Class of 2008.
Apparently, mr. boyfriend gave up the idea of studying abroad so that we wouldn't have to be apart during the school year *tear*

Read: No more U of C, no more friends, no more Chicago.


Vincci, Hannah & I...no more weekly lunches together! One in Chicago, one in LA and one in Malaysia...

On a day that is supposed to celebrate my success and achievement over the past 4 years (though, it was not really a question of whether I'll be able to graduate at the end of the 4 years), I cannot help but feel that there was nothing to celebrate about. The chapter of my life in Chicago had ended and there was definitely NOTHING to be happy about.


On my march out from Harper Quad...first exit as a graduate

My way of life is no longer my way of life.


Maggie, my roomie for the past 2 years and now ex-roomie =(

I have never felt so lost in my life.

* * * * * * * * * *

It seemed not too long ago when 4 Malaysians embarked on their journey from Malaysia to Chicago.

3 girls and 1 guy--all graduates of the Physical Science Division

Now, we have all graduated.


The Northwestern peeps who surprised me at convocation!

I now have a Bachelor of Science degree in Biological Chemistry.


But I have lost everything else that I gained en route to holding that degree in my hands.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

shinyi........that is such a depressing post! you have not lost what you have gained from college- besides the stuff that went out the other ear right after the exams. you still have your friends even if we don't get to see each other and go to chinatown whenever we want!

vss3t said...

hey laura,

Tess here. i need help!!!
wad did u wear for your convo?
I hate being typical ie collared shirt and black trousers.

any ideas?

~g@LfLow3RcH*c~ said...

Hey Tess! I wore the white/yellow color block dress I put up in this entry: http://mademoiselleshopaholic.blogspot.com/2008/05/what-shall-i-wear.html

Invite me to your blog!

~g@LfLow3RcH*c~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
vss3t said...

hey laura,

it's now back to public.
lovely dress u've got there!