Tuesday, January 6, 2009

our promise

My christmas present from mr. boyfriend was a ring of my choice, a ring that I wanted to be our promise ring (although mr. boyfriend refuses to wear a ring so it kinda defeats its purpose -- is it true that guys do not like to wear rings?).

I had earlier decided that I wanted a plain white gold ring because that's long-lasting and I can wear it on a daily basis. Only after searching up and down for the perfect ring do I realize that it's nearly impossible to find a plain white gold ring (or at least in Hong Kong!). First of all, white gold rings usually come with diamonds or other gems. Secondly, plain white gold rings comes in pairs because it's more like wedding bands. So I settled with a Swarovski ring which is rhodium-plated with a huge pink crystal (which of course cannot be worn on a daily basis...le sigh~ oh well I can't get everything I want!).

I really do not know what the future lies ahead for mr. boyfriend and I. Everyone seems to think that we'll most definitely get married but there's so much uncertainy up ahead that it seems awfully naive to think that I'll 100% get my happy ending with mr. boyfriend.

I always like to ask him "will you leave me for another girl?" or "will you love me forever?" or "will you break my heart" and being the absolutely honest and direct mr. boyfriend, he always tells me that he can promise me to try but he can promise me nothing more than that. Not exactly what I want to hear, eh? But truth is, that's the honest and blunt truth. No one can guarantee that they'll love one person forever or be with one person forever. Maybe that's what the institution of marriage tries to do -- temporarily guarantees that we have this one person in our life for as long as the marriage is alive.

I would be lying if I don't say that I honestly feel that I want to spend the rest of my life with mr. boyfriend. I want to be the one to take care of him and be there for him through ups and downs. I can be my true self with him (yes, that includes the etiquette unmentionables) and he spoils me incredibly (yes, I agree that you spoil me loads but that does not mean I'm spoilt!). I really cannot be any much happier =).

I love you!

3 comments:

h.3.l.3.n said...

lucky gal! wish u happiness always!

aLz said...

aawww... *hugs*

aLz said...

oh btw i dont think it's true that guys don't like wearing rings... different guys have different opinions i guess? cuz mine has no problem wearing one, albeit his first one.